Moto E is a cheap and affordable device, introduced by Motorola. Moto E will gain good market having all these specifications and cheap price. So if you have picked up Moto E then we are providing today a step by step guide that how to root and install TWRP Recovery on Moto E Smartphone.
Moto E specs are not much high, but you can check them here:
Screen:- Capacitive Touchscreen
Display:- 16M Colors, 4.3 inches screen with multi-touch
Memory:- 4 GB Internal Memory
Ram:- 1 GB RAM
Camera:- 5 MP, 2592 х 1944 pixels
Firmware:- Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)
Processor:- Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7.
Network:- Dual SIM
Before Getting Started:
- Download TWRP Recovery image for your Moto E (moto_e_twrp18.104.22.168_v1.2.img)
- Download SuperSU from UPDATE-SuperSU-vx.xx.zip.
- It is highly recommended to create a Back-Up of all your important such as Call Logs, Contacts and Messages etc.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Moto E.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your computer.
- Download & install Motorola USB drivers for your Motorola E.
- Your Moto E bootloader should be unlocked. Here is an official Motorola site for it’s unlocking
- Your device’s battery must be charged at least 70% to 80% before starting the process.
How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto E:
Step No 1:- First of all download the SuperSU zip package from the above given link and move it to your Moto E (SD Card Root Folder).
Step No 2:- Just rename moto_e_twrp22.214.171.124_v1.2 to Recovery.img.
Step No 3:- Transfer the Recovery.img in Android SDK directory.
Step No 4:- Now connect your Moto E with your PC via USB cable.
Step No 5:- Open the SDK folder and open a command prompt in the folder.
Step No 6:- Type the following command in command prompt.
adb reboot bootloader
Step No 7:- Type the following command when your device is in bootloader mode.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Step No 8:- It will take some time, so wait for the process to be finished. After your recovery has been flashed, just type the following command.
Step No 9:- It is the time to install SuperSU, so reboot your device into Recovery Mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 10:- Select the install option in TWRP, now navigate to UPDATE-SuperSU-vx.xx.zip and select it.
Step No 11:- Tap on SuperSU to install and wait for the installation process to be finished.
That’s All! You’ve successfully Rooted your Moto E and TWRP Recovery is now installed on your Moto E. If you have any problem or queries regarding rooting and installing TWRP Recovery on Moto E then do let us know in the comments area below.